It’s the fleet’s choice! WABCO’s modular suite of active safety solutions seamlessly integrate to meet individual customer needs to help achieve:
- Better operating efficiencies
- Higher vehicle uptime
- Increased driver retention
OnSide™ Blind Spot Detection System is a radar-based warning system that assists drivers merging into adjacent, passenger side lanes by checking them for clearance. The Advanced Driver Assistance System, relying on a best-in-class radar sensor, effectively addresses side collisions and helps to prevent or mitigate up truck crashes. OnSide becomes an important tool for maximizing vehicle uptime, even in low visibility conditions.
The sensor can be protected from wear and tear by mounting it behind the fairings. For optimized driver acceptance, OnSide’s unique algorithm filters out stationary objects and only warns on moving vehicles appearing in the truck’s passenger side blind spot. WABCO’s Blind Spot Detection System is available as a factory install or a retrofit and is applicable to the widest range of commercial vehicles.
Features & Benefits
- System activates and alerts drivers of moving vehicles in the blind spot at speeds of 15 mph and above
- Unique WABCO algorithm eliminates false detections on stationary objects, only prompting the driver when there is a real risk
- Best-in-class radar provides the largest detection zone in the industry